NC Conference Disaster Ministries serves as a caring Christian presence in the aftermath of disaster, fostering partnerships between United Methodists and others to help rebuild homes, communities, and lives.
We are a ministry of The North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church.
NC Conference Disaster Ministries works in partnership with the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), the global humanitarian relief arm of The United Methodist Church.
- Naming Conventions
- When referring to the denomination, the official title is “The United Methodist Church,” with “the” always capitalized. This also applies in abbreviated form: “The UMC.”
- When referring to the Conference, the full name is “The North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church.” Acceptable abbreviated forms are “The NC Conference” or “The NCCUMC.”
- Our facilities are Disaster Recovery Centers and are referred to by their geographic locations, i.e. “Whiteville Disaster Recovery Center.” This can be abbreviated to “DRC.”
- Branding Colors
- Green: #92D373
- Red: #E4002B
- Black: #333333
- White: #FFFFFF
- Logo Fonts
- Trade Gothic (Condensed No. 18 and Bold Condensed No. 20)
- Stories – We regularly post stories about our disaster recovery efforts across eastern North Carolina, utilizing photo and video content. You are welcome to use and share these stories with proper attribution. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us.
- “Restoring Hope” Magazine – In 2019 we published a magazine looking back over three years and three storms (Hurricane Matthew in 2016, Hurricane Florence in 2018, and Hurricane Dorian in 2019). It includes pictures and stories of hope and healing and celebrates the work of rebuilding and recovery in eastern North Carolina.
- Anniversary Video – We produced a video that celebrates the work of volunteers and the outpouring of support in the aftermath of recent storms. The video is available for download from Vimeo.